Monday, June 27, 2011

Daddy-dom: June 21st 2011


I went to bed at 3 A.M. just in time for Casey to wake up with back pains. I woke up at ten and got ready for Casey's weekly check-up. Dr. T. told her to go straight to the hospital, no stops, Keeley was coming! At 5:15 P.M. Keeley Jewell Shreeve joined us will only a little cry. She is the most calm baby I have ever met, not to mention the most beautiful.

I heard somewhere that you never know how much your parents love you until you have your own child. That's an understatement. Not only that, but you never know how much guilt you feel for things you did/said to your parents. Made my heart sink.

To the right: Keeley just moments after being born.

Looking at my wonderful little child I feel so much love I can't explain it. She is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Casey bakes a good-looking baby. Keeley takes after her mom; calm, quiet, and gorgeous of course. The stink.... well we know who that's from. I love these two girls so much. It has been almost a week since Keeley was born. Just one week. One week and I can't imagine life without Keeley or Casey. I have never been so happy in my life.
To the left: (left to right) Keeley, Casey, and I.

I never was able to understand how people tolerated babies crying and changing their diapers. Well now that Keeley is here I get it. I also get all the things my parents did for me. Everything they sacrificed to give me what I wanted. They are truly amazing people. Especially for putting up with me.


I cannot wait to see what Keeley has in store for us! It is going to be an amazing ride!

Below: Keeley plotting already!

No comments:

Post a Comment